Saturday, September 11, 2010

There is a reason stores aren't opened late at night



Last night was the first time that Fashions Night Out came to Los Angeles, and it was a night to remember. From Rodeo Drive to the streets Melrose people filled the the city with their shopping bags and their FNO t-shirts buying almost everything in site. I think the highlight of my night was walking threw Robertson, all of the stores on street were either hosting parties inside, doing photo shoots, having styling competitions, giving away prizes and a bunch of other things, but i was too tired to notice (i'm not the kind of person who likes staying up late). I saw the Mayor of Los Angeles go into Intermix where they were having a huge party with a DJ and a band from England, I bet there was a lot more going on in there but it was for people 21 and over so I wouldn’t know Next door to Intermix was  the Anya Hindmarch handbag store where they held a photo shoot, there you could pick any bag from the store and take a “creative” photo of you holding the bag. If you had the most “creative” photo then you would win something, but I was fatigued and the time they told me and so I don’t remember what it was. So when it was my turn to take a photo i used my camera and out my hands threw the bag which I though was a unique idea until I saw a lady do a head stand and balance the bag on her feet. We left at 10 o'clock because my family my friend and I were pretty tired, but it was okay because we covered almost ever place we intended to go. Lets hope that next year I will be able to stay up later.

As you can see this would probably win
This is my photo
A lady on Robertson made a dress out of FNO t-shirts
People were having a barbecue outside of their store


No comments:

Post a Comment